Flights and Transportation
- When should my child arrive in New York City?
In order to make sure flights and Airport pick ups of ISPA students go as smoothly and safely as possible, we ask that ISPA students arrive in New York City on either Saturday, July 11th or Sunday, July 12th, 2015. All families will be asked to provide ISPA with their child’s full travel information no later than Friday, June 12th so that appropriate Airport pickup arrangements can be made. ISPA strongly recommends that students take non-stop flights from their home countries to either John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) so that Airport pickup and transportation can be efficiently arranged. There are non-stop flights to JFK from almost all major world airports.
- When should my child fly home?
ISPA students should make plans to fly home from John F. Kennedy (JFK) airport on Sunday, August 9th, 2015. ISPA students will be escorted to their airports by ISPA representatives on either departure day.
- How will my child be transported from the airport in New York City to Fairfield University, and then back to the airport at the end of the program?
ISPA representatives will be at JFK airport waiting to pick up arriving students at a pre-arranged location. Each arriving student will have the ISPA representatives’ mobile phone numbers and will be able to make contact at any time. Once all arriving students have been met at the airport, private coach buses will take students and ISPA representatives directly to Fairfield University. A private coach bus will also transport ISPA students back to JFK airport on Sunday, August 9th, 2015.
Payments and Fees
- What are the total costs?
The total cost of the four-week ISPA program is $7,500 (optional Zhongkao Exam Preparation course is an additional $1,500 ). Roundtrip airfare, visa fees, travel insurance and spending money are not included in ISPA’s fees.
- How and when must I make my payments?
A 20% non-refundable deposit ($1,500) must be paid by international wire transfer within one week of registration. The remaining 80% ($6,000) must be paid by international wire transfer before March 1, 2015. If a family registers after March 1, 2015, a full payment ($7,500) must be made by international wire transfer or credit card within one week of registration. ISPA will send a confirmation of payment to each family.
- How can I pay by international wire transfer?
Wire Routing Transit Number: 121000248
ISPA Account Number: 1330640036
SWIFT Code: WFBIUS6S
Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank
City, State: San Francisco, CA
Title of Account: INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS PREPARATORY ACADEMY
- Are there any cancellation fees?
Deposits are non-refundable. Cancellations made before May 1st, 2015 will be eligible for a $3,000 refund. Cancellations made after May 1st, 2015 will not be eligible for a refund.
- Are there any other optional fees?
There are several small optional fees students can pay for additional services at Fairfield University:
- $20 for one additional bedding packet if you wish to have bedding changed by Fairfield University staff (all ISPA students will have access to laundry facilities and are welcome to wash their own bedding, along with their clothes, whenever they’d like if they’d prefer)
- Fairfield University staff will clean ISPA students’ bathrooms weekly for a fee of $50.00. All public areas of the dormitory (lounges, hallways, etc.) will be cleaned at no charge to students.
- Are there any discounts?
Students who register and pay in full before April 1, 2015 will receive a $500 reduction in total ISPA fees.
- How much spending money should my child bring?
Of course, the amount of spending money a child brings is up to the child and his or her family. But, on most days there will be very little need to spend personal money. Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided. Students will want to have money for shopping and evening events such as off-campus movies or bowling. Fairfield University also has a school market/store at which snack foods, school clothing, and classroom supplies can be purchased. Depending on a student’s discretionary spending preferences and needs, ISPA believes $100 per week of spending money should be adequate. If more spending money is required, Fairfield University has cash machines on its campus.
- What will the weather in Fairfield, Connecticut be like in July?
The month of July is warm but pleasant in Fairfield. Some data:
- Average daily high temperature: 84f (29c)
- Average daily low temperature: 70f (21c)
- Daily July average temperature: 76f (25c)
- Average daily humidity: 73%
- Average days of rain per month: 8
- Average July rainfall: 3.0 inches (9.9cm)
- What clothes should my child pack?
Since July is a warm month and we want our students to be comfortable, students should feel free to pack shorts, short-sleeved shirts, and sneakers (tennis/running shoes). Students are, of course, welcomed to pack other items of clothing that they’d like (jeans, “hoodies”, shoes, etc.). In order to show respect to certain sites we plan to visit during weekend excursions, we ask that students bring at least one respectable outfit (nice pants, shirts, shoes, skirts/dresses, etc.).
- What else should my child pack?
Students should simply pack the daily items they use, including (but not limited to):
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Other items students require
- Bedding and Towels
- Fairfield University will provide bedding and pillows, but students are welcomed to bring their own if they’d prefer.
- Students should bring their own bath towels, bath robes and bath slippers
- Swimming suit
- Gym/workout clothes
- Class supplies
- Notebook with paper
- Pens and pencils
- Laptop computer (if possible)
- Voltage adapters